Home Forums Truck Camper Forum Xantrex LinkLITE

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TRG TRG 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TRG
    TRG
    Participant

Mike,

I’ve been planning on getting the Xantrex LinkLITE for a while now, so I was happy to see your recent review of it. One question – can I run the wire for the Xantrex from a common bus bar that the batteries run to, or do I have to run them directly from the batteries. I can’t see how it would make a difference.

Thank you,

Tom

Profile photo of Mello Mike
    Mello Mike
    Keymaster

You will need to run your wires directly to your batteries. The negative side will actually wire to your batteries via a shunt. All of the monitor’s readings are taken across this shunt. Hope this answers your question.

2016 Northstar Laredo
    2013 Ram 3500 4x4
    1998 Jeep Wrangler

Profile photo of TRG
    TRG
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, Mike. I actually called Xantrex after posting this and they said no problem placing the wires to a bus since it is electrically the same.

Also, a couple of things I noticed in your article – you said you used 2 – 15 amp fuses, but the instructions actually call for 1 amp slow blow fuses, and these are the ones included in the $100 installation kit.

I would also use a piece of Cat 5 instead of just twisting regular wire. I think the twists on these wires are critical to performance, and I’m afraid that type of wire is going to affect the accuracy or performance of your device.

Just my 2 cents…

Thanks for the great site! I’ve used a LOT of your mod information to upgrade my travel trailer!

Fellow Mesa, Arizonan,

Tom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.