Truck Camper Adventure Rally?

Home Forums Truck Camper Forum Truck Camper Adventure Rally?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wheeldog Wheeldog 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mello Mike
    Mello Mike
    Keymaster

Hello, everyone. I’ve been asked now and then if we plan on holding a rally of some sort. I thought I’d ask in this forum if there is any interest in having one.

Not sure whether to hold it in the summer up in the mountains or winter down here in the desert. Either way it would be in Arizona. Should we boondock or hold it at a campground? Your thoughts?

2016 Northstar Laredo
    2013 Ram 3500 4x4
    1998 Jeep Wrangler

Profile photo of Alex Blasingame
    Alex Blasingame
    Participant

I’m open to the idea of a TCA get together, but it should be during cool weather instead of the middle of Arizona summer heat and I’m in favor of boondocking it.

Profile photo of Freespool
    Freespool
    Participant

This idea sounds like a lot of fun Mike, maybe this could turn into a annual run. Recently I was searching for sites for my up coming trip and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of choices that are available. The state parks in Maricopa near Lake Pleasent look like they offer nice camp sites. Lost Dutchman also looks like a winner and judging by there bookings it appears that others share my opinion. Heat and snakes will determine the best times. I would guess March through April or late, say a Halloween gathering would be perfect. Think about a chili cook off, activities like this tend to bring the group together which will lead to more fun.

Profile photo of Mello Mike
    Mello Mike
    Keymaster

Yeah, if we were to have it in the summer it would have to be further north up in the mountains, like around Flagstaff, which is about 7,200 feet. There are plenty of places around Flagstaff in the national forests where we could boondock for free.

I guess we would need a consensus on those interested on whether to have it at a campground, where we would pay, or boondock, which would be free.

2016 Northstar Laredo
    2013 Ram 3500 4x4
    1998 Jeep Wrangler

Profile photo of Don Nelson
    Don Nelson
    Participant

Boondocking around Flagstaff is good. I’d likely drop by for a few days.

Profile photo of BEAR
    BEAR
    Participant

Mike we are in for any boondocking. I have just moved to Albuquerque and am limited on leave so needs to be a weekend and not necessarily a holiday weekend. My better half loves the Flagstaff area.

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4
    2013 Palomino Bronco 1200
    1998 Jeep ZJ 5.9 Limited Modified

Profile photo of Bruce
    Bruce
    Participant

Mike Sounds like a nice idea. We are new to TC and your site. We are hoping to purchase our TC July-October, so for us after that. We would be open to Flagstaff in summer or Phoenix in the winter. Prefer boondocking, but amenable to campground.

Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 TD, DRW, AISIN Tranny & 3:73 Gearing

Profile photo of Coly Hope
    Coly Hope
    Participant

No one up for a rally in Montana in January. 🙂

Profile photo of BEAR
    BEAR
    Participant

Sarcasm right Coly Hope? LOL
    Very temping!

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab 4x4
    2013 Palomino Bronco 1200
    1998 Jeep ZJ 5.9 Limited Modified

Profile photo of Wheeldog
    Wheeldog
    Participant

I would be interested. Doesn’t much matter if it’s in a campground or not. We snowbird in AZ during the winter so could only do it then……some time between Dec and March.

2016 3500 HD Durmax

1994 S&S 9.5' Camper

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar